So the new year is with us and as we all get back to work ready for the January blues, some of you might even have already checked your emails.
Some good news to get you going this January. 2020 is going to be an even bigger year for Podcasting. We have seen a massive increase in platforms and ways to share your content in 2019, and this year we expect there to be even more ways to get your message or story across.
A recent BBC Global News study revealed some really useful information on what a podcast – if created with thought – can do for your brand (thanks to Podnews.net for the daily insights). The study shows:
In addition, their impact increases when the listener is engaged in other tasks, which is true for 94% of podcast listeners, and therefore represents an entirely separate space for brands to reach their audiences.
Audio: Activated key findings
- Branding stands out from content
- 94% of listeners consume podcasts while performing other tasks. This mode of listening actually elevates engagement with the brand
- They are consumed in ways that are additive to the marketing mix
- Podcasts are a particularly effective way to reach ad avoiders
- The language of a podcast creates subconscious associations with the brand
2020 might just be the year you should think about launching a podcast for your organisation. Talk to us to learn more about what a podcast can do for you.
We can help every step of the way, whether you just need some recording space or if you would like us to help you create your podcast from scratch.
Contact us with your idea and let’s talk about how we can kick start your project.
Sources: podnews.net BBC Media Centre